Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Prompt 4

Jordan Greenwell
Mrs. Wilhelmus/ Mrs. Wagener
AP Language
9 August 2013
Kant
                In this chapter of Sophie’s World, Sophie is shown a different outlook on life by Alberto.  Alberto gives Sophie red-tinted glasses to change her perspective of what she sees.  Instead of seeing what she usually sees, she only sees the color red.  Sophie could still make out different objects because the color was of different shades of red, darker colors being a more maroon color, and lighter colors turning to a light pink color.
                Alberto used these glasses to show Sophie that how you see the world around you depends on what glasses you are wearing.  This means that you can’t just assume that the world is red; it just limits what you see.  Alberto says, “So you cannot say the world is red even though you conceive it as being so.”
                I myself wear glasses, well whenever I’m not wearing contacts.  I can tell a huge difference between seeing the world as very blurry or clear.  It helps to see things clearer; because that means fewer injuries from running into things, trust me I have had plenty.

                Besides actual glasses, there can be other things in life that change your sight.  One that comes off my mind is emotion.  I have had lots of moments where emotion makes see and act differently.  Where this happens to me a lot is on the tennis courts.  Now I don’t ever throw or break my racquets, or even say bad words when I get frustrated.  I usually just tell myself how bad I am tennis.  I know that sounds crazy but most tennis players talk and yell at themselves during tennis matches.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the humor about running into things. There were some spelling/convention errors, but overall a good response and use of personal examples to show your understanding of perspective. 18/20

    ReplyDelete